Tuesday, June 18th, 2013 6:12pm EDT
Published on Dynamic Systems and Content Solutions.
Sphinx 1.0 »
- Provide smooth transition from Enigma 2 for existing users.
- Provide fixes for known issues prior to Sphinx.
- Ease recent pains, prepare for future growth.
- Provide extremely short RC version, just to be “safe”.
- Provide full release within 14 days of RC release, as bug reports dictate.
- Prepare for SMF 1.1 integration via Sphinx 1.1
Sphinx 1.1 »
- Provide smooth transition from SMF 1.0.x to SMF 1.1.x.
- Provide fixes for knowin issues with Sphinx 1.0.
- Aim for release of Sphinx 1.1 within 6-8 weeks of release of Sphinx 1.0
- Continue with internal test of Sphinx 1.1 prior to release, while supporting Sphinx 1.0.
- Mirror functions of Sphinx 1.0 for Sphinx 1.1, save additional features for Sphinx 2.0.
Sphinx 2.0 »
- Revamp entire portal, as currently in progress.
- Provide complete standalone capabilities.
- Bridge to several forum options, allow users to choose. (SMF, Vanilla, and bbPress initially.)
- Smooth portal administration interface.
- Further simplify portal operations.
- Make redundant tasks easier to perform.
- Make provisions for automated maintenance.
- Provide simple template/theme process, yet retain power in reserve for users comfortable with it.
- Leaner, meaner, faster, more optimized code.
- Provide for easy addition of features through mods, without touching source code.
- Continue to maintain W3C validation out of the box.
- Complete additional feature requests, as reasonable.
- Prep and plan for Sphinx 2.1